Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Cinema Sound: SLS Audio

I have 2 copper and one white version, 200 each oboWhat’s in a name? For components included with these speakers and compared to what I've seen in HTIBs from Sony and Panasonic, pretty good electronics... The Gold system has a bigger amp and a dvd player and is black. Best advance since DTS audio and High Def video IMO. If you really want the speakers alone, go to their website or call them.

sls audio home theater

Our multichannel amplifiers are designed to use less space and produce less heat to lower your overall costs. I think SLS will offer more variation in the future. I think they are just trying to make inroads in the home market right now. They have been in the commercial speaker market for many years. Only in the past few years have they ported the ribbon technology into home class systems.

Dolby Cinema Audio Products

The cables are still very pricey and there is an error in some manufacturers implementation of the HDMI spec which has caused some problems. There is an update to the spec now and to get the best 1080p HD you need this connection. My TV has the input and one of my Sat boxes has the output.

I have to say that these things define that ideal. It is flat unbelieveable that you can get this kind of advance in an HT speaker package that "comes with" all the other pieces necessary to have a set up. I have spent well in excess of $10k on an HT before and I'm really just amazed with these things at this price. This is a very nice high quality sub that performs very well and doesn’t have a huge footprint.

Audio

Cinema sound has never been bigger or more important. In part six of this ongoing series, I spoke with Chuck Mulhearn, sales manager worldwide, cinema, SLS Audio to get his perspective. Our flexible, versatile SLS loudspeakers can complement your existing setup or new build and deliver powerful audio experiences, including Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio 5.1 and 7.1.

sls audio home theater

Pure digital sound with absolute clarity and detail. Developed by Quincy Jones and SLS using the same proprietary ribbon technology the pros do. The Q Line Silver System’s planar ribbon driver equipped speakers deliver unprecedented detail and clarity unavailable in traditional audio packages. Razor sharp soundstage dramatically enhances all of your favorite material from DVDs to CDs and rivals system realism found previously only in commercial cinemaplexes. Features DTS and Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and Dolby Pro Logic surround sound processing.

Email Poster

My out of town gig ended recently and I'm looking forward to doing some more comparisons with these guys on more familiar movies and music. But wow, color me impressed with the ability of these speakers; as part of a moderately priced HTIB??? And stands 20" tall. The spec is 100 watts and it has a downfiring 8" cone on the bottom which is exposed.

In very nice condition less than a year old.I have several other ads on cl for Home Theater and 2 channel audio including high end speakers, amps, Subwoofer, and AVR Receivers. While the receiver and DVD player aren't anything really special, they are decently featured and perform pretty well. The receiver comes with the omni-directional mic and I thought that was a nice touch not found in too many systems at this price. It worked quite well too as when I balanced the system using it, there was no doubt that the sweet spot was right where I placed the mic for the calibration. I haven't been around the forum in a long time so I had to re-register. My screen name says it all about what I think of this product.

Dayton Audio Sub800 Home Theater Subwoofer 800W - $90 (McKinney)

checked this unit out at bestbuy this eve, and thought the sound much better than a polk 5.1 i recently heard. Warning tho- it's 100lbs, and comes in a very big box. Doubtful it'd fit in my sedan, and bestbuy won't mail it.

sls audio home theater

Usual record out options, support for 3 s-video or composite connections. On screen display for most functions and plenty of setup options. Remote has macro capability and is universal and is programmable. Everybody has their tastes and preferences in sound. I like speakers that give me really clear transitions and accurate separation of each instrument, vocal and sound effect. The biggest weakness IMO in most lower end speakers is their mid to highrange separation is always off or waaayy off.

SLS PRODUCTS

At half that price, it’s the bargain of this century and the next. These two are the only things connected to the Q-Silver Receiver other than the speakers which sound great. If you're in the market anywhere near this price, buy this HTIB just for the speakers alone. I'm looking forward to finding a dealer around here somewhere who displays some of their higher end HT speakers. I can tell you exactly what's going into my main room next upgrade...

Even the speaker wire that comes with it is decent 16g compared to the 18 or 20 you usually get with cheaper HTIBs.

But my circumstances combined with this speaker technology intrigued me because it was a unique application of the ribbon driver technology to a lower cost speaker. Everything I had read suggested that there were some original and effective characteristics to their sound. I still like to listen to 2 channel music a lot and since I needed something compact and didn't want to spend too much, I took the leap of faith. It has upgraded binding posts which will support banana plugs and spades as well as bare wire. 2 optical, 2 co-ax digital ins , 1 optical out.

You have to be careful not to puncture it when you move the sub around. Has all the expected adjustments for phase etc. and sounds pretty good. Not at all "boomy" like a lot of low cost subs.

Sign Up for ManualsOnline

They put too much of the mid into the tweeters or too much high range into the mid/woofer. IMO this is where you get the muddy vocals and accuracy compromises. They send the wrong ranges to the wrong response drivers and everything bleeds into other sounds. This trend has only increased the demand that the audio match, or even surpass, the quality of the images on the big screen.

sls audio home theater

I just run the Sat box HDMI directly to the TV and change inputs when I want to use it. At some point HDMI to HDMI will be the preferred interconnect for all AV gear. Not a real big deal right now but 2-4 years from now it will probably be commonplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The wispy hair trend: Exploring the best ways to wear it

Table Of Content #16: Modern Copper Wolf Cut with Wispy Bangs Soft And Rounded MESSY TOP KNOT Mid Length Hair and Round Wispy Bangs #6: Copp...